Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v6.4 BETA2 ...

От Billy G. Allie
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v6.4 BETA2 ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think that this will fail by finding the LOWER version of tcl
> before a higher version.  For example, if I have both 7.6 and 8.0
> installed, won't this find 7.6 first?
>
> Might there not be installations with an old version lying around?
>
> Should the script be enhanced to at least report on ALL versions
> found?
>
> Should the script simply assign for each version found, rather than
> breaking out of the loop?  That might have a better chance at catching
> the highest version; although, it doesn't won't order 8.9 and 8.10
> correctly.

Actually, I've looked at the configure for TCL and concluded came to the
following conclusions:

1.  By default, the *Config.sh files go in the same directory as the library
    files (default: /usr/local/lib).

2.  If you built more than 1 version of TCL/TK, the *Config.sh will reflect
    the last version built unless you override the default location of the
    libraries.

3.  If you more than one version of TCL/TK and want to use a specific version,
    you need to tell configure where the *Config.sh file you want to use are
    with the --with-libs or --with-library option.

Bearing these points in mind, I will be removing the code that looks in tclX.Y
(where X.Y is the version) and tkX.Y directories.  It will only look for
*Config.sh files in the following directories (in the order given):

    $LIBRARY_DIRS        (set with --with-libs or --with-libraries)
    /usr/local/lib
    /usr/contrib/lib
    /opt/lib
    /usr/lib

This method will make searching for various versions TCL/TK unnecessary while
still being able to find the correct TCL/TK in most cases.
--
____       | Billy G. Allie    | Domain....: Bill.Allie@mug.org
|  /|      | 7436 Hartwell     | Compuserve: 76337,2061
|-/-|----- | Dearborn, MI 48126| MSN.......: B_G_Allie@email.msn.com
|/  |LLIE  | (313) 582-1540    |