Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v6.4 BETA2 ...

От Billy G. Allie
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v6.4 BETA2 ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>    [...]  TCL/TK compile information will now be obtained from the
>    tclConfig.sh and tkConfig.sh, without having to have a list of different
>    versions of TCL and TK to search for.
>
> These ideas sound great, but I don't understand one thing.
>
> How do you locate the *Config.sh scripts without looking in a bunch of
> directories until you find them?
>
> Unless there is a general means of finding these which 1) doesn't
> involve checking directories associated with different versions of
> tcl/tk, and 2) does allow for the possibility that tcl/tk may not be
> installed in a particular filesystem (/usr/local, for example), I
> strongly recommend keeping the part of configure that searches for the
> location of tcl/tk.  Perhaps we don't need to store the location of
> include/library files based on the configure script, but I think we do
> need to use essentially the same mechanism to find the *Config.sh
> scripts.

I wasn't clear enough in my explaination.  I still search directories for the
*Config.sh files, but I generalized it so that a list of TCL and TK versions do not have to be maintained.  Here is the
segmentof code that performs the search for tclConfig.sh:

    library_dirs="$LIBRARY_DIRS /usr/lib"
    TCL_CONFIG_SH=
    for dir in $library_dirs; do
        if test -d "$dir" -a -r "$dir/tclConfig.sh"; then
            TCL_CONFIG_SH=$dir/tclConfig.sh
            break
        fi
        for tcl_dir in $dir/tcl[0-9]*.[0-9]*
        do
            if test -d "$tcl_dir" -a -r "$tcl_dir/tclConfig.sh"
            then
                TCL_CONFIG_SH=$tcl_dir/tclConfig.sh
                break 2
            fi
        done
    done

--
____       | Billy G. Allie    | Domain....: Bill.Allie@mug.org
|  /|      | 7436 Hartwell     | Compuserve: 76337,2061
|-/-|----- | Dearborn, MI 48126| MSN.......: B_G_Allie@email.msn.com
|/  |LLIE  | (313) 582-1540    |