Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v6.4 BETA2 ...

От Brook Milligan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v6.4 BETA2 ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
   I will be posting a configure.in tonight with further clean ups to the TCL/TK
   configuration.  TCL/TK compile information will now be obtained from the
   tclConfig.sh and tkConfig.sh, without having to have a list of different
   versions of TCL and TK to search for.

These ideas sound great, but I don't understand one thing.

How do you locate the *Config.sh scripts without looking in a bunch of
directories until you find them?

Unless there is a general means of finding these which 1) doesn't
involve checking directories associated with different versions of
tcl/tk, and 2) does allow for the possibility that tcl/tk may not be
installed in a particular filesystem (/usr/local, for example), I
strongly recommend keeping the part of configure that searches for the
location of tcl/tk.  Perhaps we don't need to store the location of
include/library files based on the configure script, but I think we do
need to use essentially the same mechanism to find the *Config.sh
scripts.

Cheers,
Brook

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v6.4 BETA2 ...
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v6.4 BETA2 ...