Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v6.4 BETA2 ...

От Billy G. Allie
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v6.4 BETA2 ...
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v6.4 BETA2 ...
Список pgsql-hackers
I will be posting a configure.in tonight with further clean ups to the TCL/TK
configuration.  TCL/TK compile information will now be obtained from the
tclConfig.sh and tkConfig.sh, without having to have a list of different
versions of TCL and TK to search for.

Two item I would like to bring up for discussion is:

1.  Currently TCL/TK support is disabled if TCL is present, but TK is not. This
    is not a good thing because the PL/tcl language is only dependant on TCL,
    not TK.  Also pgtclsh only requires TCL.  I propose changing configure so
    that TCL and TK support are seperate and the TCL dependant parts of the
    postgreSQL distribution will still build even if TK is not present.

2.  There is currently duplicate Makefile.tcldefs.  I propose create a
    Makefile.tcldefs and Makefile.tkdefs at the same directory level as
    Makefile.global and have any Makefile that needs them include them from
    that location.  This would then become the 'standard' for compiling TCL
    and TK based packages in the postgreSQL distribution.

Any comments and/or concerns?
--
____       | Billy G. Allie    | Domain....: Bill.Allie@mug.org
|  /|      | 7436 Hartwell     | Compuserve: 76337,2061
|-/-|----- | Dearborn, MI 48126| MSN.......: B_G_Allie@email.msn.com
|/  |LLIE  | (313) 582-1540    |

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Alternative to LIMIT in SELECT ?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Alternative to LIMIT in SELECT ?