odbc failed authentication message

От Dave Thorson
Тема odbc failed authentication message
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
I receive a "failed authentication" message when I attempt to make and ODBC
connection.  My server is fir, database name is foo, name is dave with a
password of dave.  I have set up the user using psql with a create user
command.

Any help for a poor novice would be greatly appreciated!

I have attempted an ODBC connection with the Insite driver (6.30.0249).  I
am using Red Hat Linux 5.1 which included postgres.  I have been able to
make pgaccess and psql work. ODBC is alluding me.

The postgres .bash_profile looks like this:
#!/bin/sh
#This Script changes the term type

TERM=vt100
export TERM
echo $TERM
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/pgsql/bin
MANPATH=$MANPATH:/usr/local/pgsql/man
PGLIB=/usr/lib/pgsql

PGDATA=/usr/local/pgsql/data
export PATH MANPATH PGLIB PGDATA

The pg_hba.conf file located in /usr/local/pgsql/data contains the following.
# By default, allow anything over UNIX domain sockets and localhost.

local        all                                         trust
host         all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255   trust