Re: [HACKERS] Heh, the disappearing problem!

От Karl Denninger
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Heh, the disappearing problem!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 09, 1998 at 10:22:13PM +0100, Maarten Boekhold wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Karl Denninger wrote:
>

> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Remember me?  Remember I was bitching about hashed and indexes scans not
> > being indexed?
> >
> > Guess what - it magically fixed itself.
> >
> > If you want to talk about things that *bother* me, this one tops the pack.
> >
> > The same query now returns an index hash query plan, which executes in a few
> > seconds and requires little memory (as opposed to looped sequential scans
> > requiring 500MB on the server).
> >
> > This is really, really, odd.
>
> Uh, maybe a stupid question, but did you do a 'vacuum'?

Uh, yeah.  Several of them, thinking that perhaps the indices were out of
date or otherwise damaged.  Then, after some period of time where queries
and updates were being put against the table, it started working properly (!)

I have *absolutely* no idea what could have changed - I made no alterations,
didn't shut the server down, nothing - between the time that it was last
returning the wrong "explain" output and when it started returning the
correct output.

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/          | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
                 | NEW! K56Flex support on ALL modems

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Heh, the disappearing problem!
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Heh, the disappearing problem!