Re: [HACKERS] Heh, the disappearing problem!

От Maarten Boekhold
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Heh, the disappearing problem!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Karl Denninger wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Remember me?  Remember I was bitching about hashed and indexes scans not
> being indexed?
>
> Guess what - it magically fixed itself.
>
> If you want to talk about things that *bother* me, this one tops the pack.
>
> The same query now returns an index hash query plan, which executes in a few
> seconds and requires little memory (as opposed to looped sequential scans
> requiring 500MB on the server).
>
> This is really, really, odd.

Uh, maybe a stupid question, but did you do a 'vacuum'?

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |