Re: [HACKERS] Heh, the disappearing problem!

От Maarten Boekhold
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Heh, the disappearing problem!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Uh, maybe a stupid question, but did you do a 'vacuum'?
>
> Uh, yeah.  Several of them, thinking that perhaps the indices were out of
> date or otherwise damaged.  Then, after some period of time where queries
> and updates were being put against the table, it started working properly (!)
>
> I have *absolutely* no idea what could have changed - I made no alterations,
> didn't shut the server down, nothing - between the time that it was last
> returning the wrong "explain" output and when it started returning the
> correct output.

Maybe the tables grew so that the optimizer decided now was to time where
using indices would be faster? Just trying to make some sense out of this...

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Heh, the disappearing problem!
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Heh, the disappearing problem!