Re: [QUESTIONS] Arrays (inserting and removing)

От Karl Denninger
Тема Re: [QUESTIONS] Arrays (inserting and removing)
Дата
Re: [QUESTIONS] Arrays (inserting and removing)  (Ralf Mattes <mattes@mhs.uni-freiburg.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 15, 1998 at 09:27:21AM +0700, Vadim B. Mikheev wrote:
> The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Ralf Mattes wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, i agree. Mike's implementation is the way to go in a traditional
> > > realtional db (BTW, a question about oids: lurking on this list
> > > i overheard the idea of dropping oids. This would break a lot
> > > of my code! What's the last word on this ?).
> >
> >         The last we discussed in pgsql-hackers was that OIDs would not be
> > dropped...
>
> ..but would be optional.
>
> Vadim

OIDs are a bastardization of the relational model.  If you have to keep
them, then do so, but their use should be SEVERELY discouraged.

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/          | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service