Re: Cannot get postgres started on Fedora core 3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Cannot get postgres started on Fedora core 3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Mark Travis" <marktrav@bellsouth.net> writes:
> I've been trying to get postgres to start on my machine for a few days (on
> and off) and have not been successful in understanding why it will not
> start.

The pre-8.0 RPMs have a bad habit of sending the postmaster log to
/dev/null :-(.  You could edit /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql to point
the log (i.e. postmaster's stderr) someplace more useful, or change the
postgresql.conf file to log to syslog instead of stderr.  Once you have
hold of the postmaster's dying words, let us know ...