Re: [NOVICE] Finding Release Dates for next Postgres?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [NOVICE] Finding Release Dates for next Postgres?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
> On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 6:20 AM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, 2017-09-29 at 12:53 +0000, Stephen Froehlich wrote:
>>> on that anywhere ... where does one go for actual pending release date
>>> information?

>> https://www.postgresql.org/developer/roadmap/
>> The planned release date is Oct 5th.

> The Oct 5th date hasn't been memorialized there, it just says 3rd quarter.
> Given the dynamic nature of software releases asking here for up-to-date
> planning estimates seems reasonable.

The roadmap page is mainly meant for scheduled maintenance releases.
Of late, we've tracked major-release planning on the "open issues" wiki
page for the release, eg

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_10_Open_Items#Important_Dates

Or you can dip into the firehose that is pgsql-hackers.