Обсуждение: [NOVICE] Finding Release Dates for next Postgres?

[NOVICE] Finding Release Dates for next Postgres?

От
Stephen Froehlich

I’m in the middle of rebuilding a server, and while I have heard rumors that PostgreSQL 10 is due for release next week, I can’t find official information on that anywhere … where does one go for actual pending release date information?

Thanks,

Stephen

Re: [NOVICE] Finding Release Dates for next Postgres?

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

On Fri, 2017-09-29 at 12:53 +0000, Stephen Froehlich wrote:
> I'm in the middle of rebuilding a server, and while I have heard rumors that
> PostgreSQL 10 is due for release next week, I can't find official information
> on that anywhere ... where does one go for actual pending release date
> information?

The planned release date is Oct 5th.

Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Re: [NOVICE] Finding Release Dates for next Postgres?

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 6:20 AM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

Hi,

On Fri, 2017-09-29 at 12:53 +0000, Stephen Froehlich wrote:
> I'm in the middle of rebuilding a server, and while I have heard rumors that
> PostgreSQL 10 is due for release next week, I can't find official information
> on that anywhere ... where does one go for actual pending release date
> information?

​​Homepage -> Pending Releases (small link on the right side).

The planned release date is Oct 5th.

The Oct 5th date hasn't been memorialized there, it just says 3rd quarter.  Given the dynamic nature of software releases asking here for up-to-date planning estimates seems reasonable.

Dave

Re: [NOVICE] Finding Release Dates for next Postgres?

Дата:
> On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 6:20 AM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, 2017-09-29 at 12:53 +0000, Stephen Froehlich wrote:
>>> on that anywhere ... where does one go for actual pending release date
>>> information?

>> https://www.postgresql.org/developer/roadmap/
>> The planned release date is Oct 5th.

> The Oct 5th date hasn't been memorialized there, it just says 3rd quarter.
> Given the dynamic nature of software releases asking here for up-to-date
> planning estimates seems reasonable.

The roadmap page is mainly meant for scheduled maintenance releases.
Of late, we've tracked major-release planning on the "open issues" wiki
page for the release, eg

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_10_Open_Items#Important_Dates

Or you can dip into the firehose that is pgsql-hackers.

Re: [NOVICE] Finding Release Dates for next Postgres?

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 7:44 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 6:20 AM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, 2017-09-29 at 12:53 +0000, Stephen Froehlich wrote:
>>> on that anywhere ... where does one go for actual pending release date
>>> information?

>> https://www.postgresql.org/developer/roadmap/
>> The planned release date is Oct 5th.

> The Oct 5th date hasn't been memorialized there, it just says 3rd quarter.
> Given the dynamic nature of software releases asking here for up-to-date
> planning estimates seems reasonable.

The roadmap page is mainly meant for scheduled maintenance releases.
Of late, we've tracked major-release planning on the "open issues" wiki
page for the release, eg

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_10_Open_Items#Important_Dates

​Adding -www​

​Maybe we should add that wiki link to the section of the roadmap preceded by "Next major release"

David J.