Re: configure readline error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: configure readline error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
John McGloughlin <johnmac@mcgloughlingroup.com> writes:
> checking for readline... no
> readline library not found

> I've gone through config.log and it looks like it searches the correct
> locations.

"not found" in this context would probably be better read as "something
went wrong but I dunno what".  A likely possibility is that the readline
library needs some secondary library that configure didn't try
including.  Could we see the full config.log results?

> I have gnu readline 4.1 installed and can find libs in
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.a and headers in
> /usr/local/lib/include/readline/*.h.

> I configured with ./configure
> --with-includes=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib/include/readline
> --with-libraries=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib/include/readline

Hm, I think those paths ought to be just
  --with-includes=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib/include
  --with-libraries=/usr/local/lib

but not sure if that accounts for your problem ... also, readline 4.1
is long in the tooth, an update to 4.2 might help ...