Re: why use -Ft or -Fc instead of the other on pg_dump?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: why use -Ft or -Fc instead of the other on pg_dump?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Douglas J Hunley <doug@hunley.homeip.net> writes:
> I seemed to have walked into a "spirited" debate at work today, so I'm turning
> to the authorities to get it resolved. Why would one choose -Ft over -Fc (or
> vice-versa) when doing pg_dump?

I can't really imagine any reason to choose -Ft, except wanting to do
post-processing of the dump with command-line tools.  -Ft's lack of
compression and limitations on component size are sufficient reasons
not to choose it without a specific need to.  I think it has some
other limitations too, but those are two that I recall immediately.