Re: Window Functions: v07 APIs and buffering strateties

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Window Functions: v07 APIs and buffering strateties
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Hitoshi Harada" <umi.tanuki@gmail.com> writes:
> 2008/10/28 ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki.takahiro@oss.ntt.co.jp>:
>> I tested the patch on mingw (Windows) and
>> got the following warning and error:
>>
>> A. gram.y: conflicts: 3 shift/reduce
>> B. include/nodes/plannodes.h:650: error: syntax error before "uint"
>>
>> I have no idea about A.

> I have noticed it but didn't think it is a problem, but it doesn't
> occur in production, does it?

We have a zero-tolerance policy for bison warnings.  Patches that
introduce shift/reduce conflicts *will* be rejected.  (And no, %expect
isn't an acceptable fix.  The problem with it is you can't be sure
which warnings it ignored.  In a grammar that gets hacked on as often
as PG's does, we couldn't rely on the conflicts to not move around,
possibly resulting in unforeseen misbehavior.)