Re: FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> surabhi.ahuja wrote:
>> so does this mean that someone is trying to stop postmaster by
>> sending it a kill signal?

> Someone or something. It can be Linux's out-of-memory facility picking
> processes to kill. Google "oom killer" for discussion.

No, because the OOM killer invariably uses "kill -9".  "Fast shutdown"
means that something sent the postmaster a SIGINT.

If you launch the postmaster manually and are not careful to make it
dissociate from your terminal, then typing ^C at some unrelated program
later would be enough to make this happen ...

>> 1. many times i have seen two instances of postmaster running. how
>> does that happen and how to prevent it from happening?

> Shouldn't (unless you have two installations of course).

Perhaps he's not understanding the difference between the postmaster and
its child processes?  I don't believe he's actually got two postmasters
running (unless maybe in separate directories with separate ports, which
is hardly likely to be a setup one would create by accident).  There are
*very* extensive safety interlocks in place to prevent that.

Сообщение: Re: Does this look ethical to you?
Сообщение: Re: Does this look ethical to you?