Re: Does this look ethical to you?

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Does this look ethical to you?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Thank you, however I'm more concerned with:

"PGLA has many advanced features not found in pgAdmin III,".

Aside from it being slightly misleading (not only are there not many
'advanced' things PGLA can do that pgAdmin can't, there are a similar
number that pgAdmin can, that PGLA can't), it is still attempting to
sell your product on our name. I would therefore ask that you either:

- Not mention pgAdmin at all, or
- Mention not only pgAdmin, but EDB Studio, Navicat, EMS PostgreSQL
Manager and other comparable products *as well*.

> No how about getting a link or something in the win32 Postgresql
> installer back to the commercial products page:
> http://www.postgresql.org/download/commercial

Why? It is an Open Source package, distributed for free, at the personal
expense of numerous people including myself. Why should we advertise
your or anyone elses commercial products for free?

Regards, Dave