Re: Slow Remote connection

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Slow Remote connection
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jean-Arthur Silve <jeanarthur@eurovox.fr> writes:
> I have a httpd server on one server, and PostgresQL 7.2 on a second server
> (P4 1.7 Ghz / Linux ) on a local network.

> When there are about 20 (and more ) connection on the DB, the remote
> connecxtion to the DB from the web server is very long (about 5-10 sec)
> before have the prompt.

> On the local machine, it's near immediate.

Weird.  Perhaps something wrong with your DNS setup, causing it to take
a long time to resolve the name of the other machine?  Anyway I'd
suspect that the problem is not within Postgres proper, given that
you're not seeing a performance problem with local connections.

Another thing you might try just to obtain more data is to test local
connections that use TCP rather than Unix-socket transport, eg
    psql -h 127.0.0.1

> I use IP authentification (no username/password).

You mean "trust"?  Please describe your pg_hba contents *exactly*;
this might be a relevant difference ...