Re: Unfiltered server logs routing via a new elog hook or existing emit_log_hook bypassing log_min_message check

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unfiltered server logs routing via a new elog hook or existing emit_log_hook bypassing log_min_message check
Дата
Ответ на Re: Unfiltered server logs routing via a new elog hook or existing emit_log_hook bypassing log_min_message check  (Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: Unfiltered server logs routing via a new elog hook or existing emit_log_hook bypassing log_min_message check  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, May 02, 2022 at 07:24:04PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
>> I basically want to avoid normal users/developers setting any
>> parameter (especially the superuser-only log_min_message GUC, all
>> users might not have superuser access in production environments) or
>> making any changes to the running server except just LOADing the
>> server log routing/intercepting extension.

> The kind of scenario you mentioned didn't seem "normal users" oriented.  Note
> that LOAD is restricted to superuser anyway.

It seems completely silly to be worrying that setting a GUC in a
particular way is too hard for somebody who's going to be installing
a loadable extension.  In any case, if you wanted to force the issue
you could set log_min_messages in the extension's _PG_init function.