Re: configure openldap crash warning

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: configure openldap crash warning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> configure can report this:
> configure: WARNING:
> *** With OpenLDAP versions 2.4.24 through 2.4.31, inclusive, each backend
> *** process that loads libpq (via WAL receiver, dblink, or postgres_fdw) and
> *** also uses LDAP will crash on exit.

> I wonder whether we can do something to not make this warning appear
> when it's not necessary.  The release of openldap 2.4.32 (the first good
> one) is now ten years ago, so seeing faulty versions in the wild should
> be very rare.  I'm tempted to suggest that we can just remove the
> warning and rely on the dblink test to catch any stragglers.  We could
> also disable the test on macOS only.  Thoughts?

I'm not that excited about getting rid of this warning, because to the
extent that anyone notices it at all, it'll motivate them to get OpenLDAP
from Homebrew or MacPorts, which seems like a good thing.  This configure
warning is already far less in-your-face than the compile-time deprecation
warnings that get spewed at you when you use Apple's headers; their slapd
doesn't really work as far as we can tell; and whether they fixed this
issue or not, it's a safe bet that there are a lot of other unfixed bugs
in their ancient copy of OpenLDAP.  The deprecation warnings seem like
clear evidence that Apple intends to remove the bundled libldap at some
point, so I don't think we should put effort into encouraging people to
use it.

There's certainly a conversation to be had about whether this configure
warning is still worth the cycles it takes to run it; maybe it isn't.
But I don't think that we should be looking at it from the standpoint of
silencing the complaint on macOS.

Сообщение: Re: Unfiltered server logs routing via a new elog hook or existing emit_log_hook bypassing log_min_message check