Re: Unfiltered server logs routing via a new elog hook or existing emit_log_hook bypassing log_min_message check

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: Unfiltered server logs routing via a new elog hook or existing emit_log_hook bypassing log_min_message check
Дата
Ответ на Re: Unfiltered server logs routing via a new elog hook or existing emit_log_hook bypassing log_min_message check  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 02, 2022 at 07:24:04PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> On Mon, May 2, 2022 at 6:44 PM Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I know.  What I said you could do is configure log_min_message to DEBUGX, so
> > your extension sees everything you want it to see.  And *in your extension* set
> > output_to_server to false if the level is not the *real level* you want to log.
>
> I basically want to avoid normal users/developers setting any
> parameter (especially the superuser-only log_min_message GUC, all
> users might not have superuser access in production environments) or
> making any changes to the running server except just LOADing the
> server log routing/intercepting extension.

The kind of scenario you mentioned didn't seem "normal users" oriented.  Note
that LOAD is restricted to superuser anyway.