Re: Is full_page_writes=off safe in conjunction with PITR?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Is full_page_writes=off safe in conjunction with PITR?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing <hannu@skype.net> writes:
> If I'm desperate enough to get the 2x reduction of WAL writes, I may
> even write my own backup solution.

Given Florian's concern, sounds like you might have to write your own
kernel too.  In which case, generating a variant build of Postgres
that allows full_page_writes to be disabled is certainly not beyond
your powers.  But for the ordinary mortal DBA, I think this combination
is just too unsafe to even consider.

Сообщение: Re: Is full_page_writes=off safe in conjunction with PITR?
Сообщение: Re: Is full_page_writes=off safe in conjunction with PITR?