Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please

От Pavel Raiskup
Тема Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please
Дата
Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please  (Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Monday 25 of January 2016 14:27:46 Vladimir Sitnikov wrote:
> Pavel>What is the consensus on this?
>
> I'm not osgi expert, however, I think "Felix" does not solve the problem.
> "osgi.enterprise" is a set of interfaces that are defined by OSGi
> specification, thus Felix does not include it.

I'm not expert too.

> Thus the solution is to add one more build step: download relevant
> sources, build them.
> Even though there's no build script, it should be rather simple to
> reconstruct. The source files are available in [1]
> The license is "Apache 2".
>
> Is it feasible? Where's the build file should be located?
> I guess it should be somewhere close to the *.spec.
>
> [1]: http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/osgi/org.osgi.enterprise/5.0.0

It is imo not feasible;  there is no demand for that package in Linux, is
that right?

Seriously -- adding new package makes sense only if it is going to be
_used_, it is nontrivial action, nontrivial amount of time to do
maintenance and adopt upstream changes, etc -- just to build connector
between PostgreSQL and Java.

These situations have usually clear answer:  Optional build dependency.
Something which your build/runtime depends only if it is feasible for
targeted platform which Fedora is not.

Pavel

Сообщение: Re: Confusion about JDBC + TIME WITHOUT TIME ZONE
Сообщение: Re: Confusion about JDBC + TIME WITHOUT TIME ZONE