Re: Backup very large databases

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Backup very large databases
Дата
Re: Backup very large databases  (Steve Lane <slane@fmpro.com>)
Re: Backup very large databases  (Francisco Reyes <lists@natserv.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net> writes:
> On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Francisco Reyes wrote:
>> I have about 7GB worth of data.

> I anticipate having a 30-50 GB or larger database in the next few months.

FWIW, there are people out there with multi-hundred-GB to TB databases
(you might try searching the archives for "American Chemical Society",
for instance).  So you're not pioneers.

I do agree that the special problems of running huge DBs on Postgres
might belong in a pgsql-perform list rather than any of the regular
lists.  Anyone else agree?  Or does the pgsql-general list readership
want to see this stuff?