Re: Replace uses of deprecated Python module distutils.sysconfig

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Replace uses of deprecated Python module distutils.sysconfig
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> No, not really. There generally seems to be very little documentation about
> what one is supposed to use when embedding python (rather than building a
> python module). The only thing I really see is:

> https://docs.python.org/3/extending/embedding.html#compiling-and-linking-under-unix-like-systems

> which says to use python-config.

Yeah :-(.  I don't really want to go there, because it will break
existing setups.  An example is that on a few machines I have
pointed the build to non-default Python installations by doing
things like
    ln -s /path/to/desired/python ~/bin/python3
So there's no matching python-config in my PATH at all.
Yeah, I can change that, but that would be a dealbreaker for
back-patching this, I think.

Getting back to the INCLUDEPY solution: I see nothing equivalent
to that for the "platform-dependent include directory".  But maybe
we don't really need that?  Not clear.