Re: Bogus duplicate command issued in pg_dump

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Bogus duplicate command issued in pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jan 23, 2022 at 01:31:03PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> We could consider a more global change to get rid of using
> appendPQExpBuffer where it's not absolutely necessary, so that
> there are fewer bad examples to copy.  Another idea is to deem
> it an anti-pattern to end a query with a semicolon.  But I don't
> have a lot of faith in people following those coding rules in
> future, either.  It'd also be a lot of code churn for what is
> in the end a relatively harmless bug.

Could a backend-side, run-time configurable developper GUC,
potentially help here?  This could look after multiple queries in code
paths where we don't want any, once you combine it with a specific
compilation flag à-la-ENFORCE_REGRESSION_TEST.
--
Michael

Вложения