Re: XLogReadRecord() error in XlogReadTwoPhaseData()

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: XLogReadRecord() error in XlogReadTwoPhaseData()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-01-23 18:10:07 -0800, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 23, 2022 at 05:40:54PM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> > Test::more's description: "If it's something the programmer hasn't done yet,
> > use TODO. This is for any code you haven't written yet, or bugs you have yet
> > to fix, but want to put tests in your testing script (always a good idea)."
>
> Could do that.  Every run that doesn't get the flaky failure will print a
> message like "TODO passed:  3-5", though the test file could mitigate that by
> declaring the TODO only on configurations where we expect a failure.

Yea, that's what I was thinking we'd do.

> The
> 027_stream_regress.pl trouble involves reaching a die(), not failing a test in
> this sense, so that one would take more work.

I'm really not a perl person... But my understanding is that todo_skip() would
address this? I.e. something like

TODO:
{
   $todo_skip "linux/sparc has unaddressed problems with partial page  overwrites"
     if ($^O eq 'linux' and $Config{archname'} ~= 'sparc');

   ok(whatever is broken);
}

(no idea if the above todo condition even approximates something working)

Greetings,

Andres Freund