Re: SAP DB: The unsung Open Source DB

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SAP DB: The unsung Open Source DB
Дата
Re: SAP DB: The unsung Open Source DB  ("Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar@persistent.co.in>)
Список pgsql-general
> There's a multi-year plan to "bring the code bases closer together" which
> sounds like one of those big projects that always make me nervous.

Just between us chickens, I hope they do spend multiple man-years trying
to merge those two codebases.  It'll keep them distracted from
accomplishing anything useful ;-).

I only went to a couple of the MySQL talks at O'Reilly earlier this
month, but I could not help noticing that not one word was said about
SAP in those talks, while plenty was said about their development plans
for the MySQL codebase.  Whatever the marketing guys may think, I
believe Monty et al intend to press straight ahead with improving their
own code.