Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 10 Beta1 - pg_upgrade fails on Windows 10

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 10 Beta1 - pg_upgrade fails on Windows 10
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 05/26/2017 02:30 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> writes:
>> Well Thomas is using pg_upgrade from a BigSQL 10beta1 install to upgrade
>> from a 9.6 instance of unknown provenance. pg_upgrade is complaining
>> that the 9.6 cluster has pgxml.dll whereas the 10beta1 cluster does not
>> even though xml2 is installed on both clusters. The question is this a
>> packaging oops on the part of BigSQL or something else?
>
> Actually, looking closer, the error message seems not to be "file not
> found":

> If that's coming from port/dynloader/win32.c, as I think it must be
> because the non-conformant-to-message-style-guidelines phrase "unknown
> error" appears nowhere else in our tree, then that's an error code that
> FormatMessage doesn't recognize.  Anybody have a clue what it means?

?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms681382(v=vs.85).aspx

"The System Error Codes are very broad. Each one can occur in one of
many hundreds of locations in the system. Consequently the descriptions
of these codes cannot be very specific. Use of these codes requires some
amount of investigation and analysis. You need to note both the
programmatic and the run-time context in which these errors occur.
Because these codes are defined in WinError.h for anyone to use,
sometimes the codes are returned by non-system software. Sometimes the
code is returned by a function deep in the stack and far removed from
your code that is handling the error."

ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND

     126 (0x7E)

     The specified module could not be found.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 10 Beta1 - pg_upgrade fails on Windows 10
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 10 Beta1 - pg_upgrade fails on Windows 10