Re: xlog patches reviewed

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: xlog patches reviewed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> if this is the case, can we look at applying that patch
>> tonight, give ppl till Friday to test and put out a RC1
>> depending on the results?

Patch committed.  There are still some loose ends to clean up:

* I need to finish making an xlog-reset utility for contrib.

* I stubbed out shmctl(IPC_STAT) in the BeOS and QNX4 emulations of SysV shared memory (src/backend/port/beos/shm.c,
src/backend/port/qnx4/shm.c). This means that the new code to detect postmaster-dead-but-old-backends-still-running
willnever detect any problem on those platforms.  Perhaps people who use those platforms can test and contribute real
implementations?

However, these shouldn't affect testing.