Re: Performance monitor signal handler

От Alfred Perlstein
Тема Re: Performance monitor signal handler
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> [010312 12:12] wrote:
> I was going to implement the signal handler like we do with Cancel,
> where the signal sets a flag and we check the status of the flag in
> various _safe_ places.
>
> Can anyone think of a better way to get information out of a backend?

Why not use a static area of the shared memory segment?  Is it possible
to have a spinlock over it so that an external utility can take a snapshot
of it with the spinlock held?

Also, this could work for other stuff as well, instead of overloading
a lot of signal handlers one could just periodically poll a region of
the shared segment.

just some ideas..

Daemon News Magazine in your snail-mail! http://magazine.daemonnews.org/