Re: Contributor listing policy

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Contributor listing policy
Дата
Re: Contributor listing policy  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Список pgsql-www
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> Actually, looking at the archives, there wasn't much discussion when
>> you submitted the patch; I doubt that most people realized the
>> changes it made. I know that I wasn't clear on it, noticing only the
>> change in sort order, and certainly the rest of the core team (or
>> hackers) didn't discuss it.

> Perhaps you should read again there are actually two threads and there
> was a very long discussion. That every single core member spoke up at
> least once except for Jan. The following is the thread on my patch
> which changed the wording from Developers to Contributors and moved its
> home under /community/.

> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2007-12/msg00022.php

Why is any of this discussion happening on pgsql-www?  Surely it is not
the webteam's charter to determine who is or is not a contributor.

If, as is evidently the case, you are unwilling to defer to core's
opinions on the matter, you need to muster support for your position
on some more widely-read mailing list.

>> In fact, traditionally, contents of the developer
>> listings have been determined by the core team;

> As I understand it, traditionally Robert handled that with Core
> oversight.

I don't particularly know who made the webpage edits, but it's always
been core's determination who is or is not listed.

> The reason non code contributors aren't listed is the list has been
> basically unmaintained for over a year.

Traditionally core has reconsidered the list shortly after each major
release.  We were in fact in process of doing that now.  The long delay
since the last changes is a direct result of the slipped 8.3 schedule.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Contributor listing policy
Сообщение: Re: Contributor listing policy