Re: Contributor listing policy

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Contributor listing policy
Дата
Список pgsql-www

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 20:59:07 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2007-12/msg00022.php
>
> Why is any of this discussion happening on pgsql-www?  Surely it is
> not the webteam's charter to determine who is or is not a contributor.

Agreed :)

> If, as is evidently the case, you are unwilling to defer to core's
> opinions on the matter, you need to muster support for your position
> on some more widely-read mailing list.

Yes, I brought that up in reply :). I said, it should be discussed on
pgsql-general or other populated list. JoshB is the one that started
this on -www.

> >> In fact, traditionally, contents of the developer
> >> listings have been determined by the core team;
>
> > As I understand it, traditionally Robert handled that with Core
> > oversight.
>
> I don't particularly know who made the webpage edits, but it's always
> been core's determination who is or is not listed.

O.k.

> > The reason non code contributors aren't listed is the list has been
> > basically unmaintained for over a year.
>
> Traditionally core has reconsidered the list shortly after each major
> release.  We were in fact in process of doing that now.  The long
> delay since the last changes is a direct result of the slipped 8.3
> schedule.

Fair enough, I assume -hackers is not the place to have this
discussion. Should this be on -general?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

- --