Re: migrations (was Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: migrations (was Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe)
Дата
Re: migrations (was Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe)
Список pgsql-general
> On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 8:14 PM, David G. Johnston <
> david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What would help the majority of readers is if a rule could be added that
>> keys off of the word "unsubscribe" (and maybe some other key phrases) and
>> dumps it into a non-public moderation queue where requests can be handled
>> manually and prevented from reaching the list members.

> This is already the case, but clearly this rule was a bit too restrictive
> to avoid too many false positives.

It should also be pointed out that the old system did WAY too much of
that, often causing messages to get dumped into the moderation queue
because they happened to contain words that looked like majordomo
commands.  I do not think that an aggressive filter for "unsubscribe"
is a good idea --- note, for example, that none of this thread would
be seeing the light of day in any timely fashion if the new code
did that.

Hopefully things have more or less settled out now and we can get on
with normal discussions?  Please?

[ wanders away wondering why last week's migration of the hackers
lists produced far less complaining... ]