Re: migrations (was Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe)

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: migrations (was Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe)
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 22 November 2017 at 03:35, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 8:14 PM, David G. Johnston <
> david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What would help the majority of readers is if a rule could be added that
>> keys off of the word "unsubscribe" (and maybe some other key phrases) and
>> dumps it into a non-public moderation queue where requests can be handled
>> manually and prevented from reaching the list members.

> This is already the case, but clearly this rule was a bit too restrictive
> to avoid too many false positives.

It should also be pointed out that the old system did WAY too much of
that, often causing messages to get dumped into the moderation queue
because they happened to contain words that looked like majordomo
commands.  I do not think that an aggressive filter for "unsubscribe"
is a good idea --- note, for example, that none of this thread would
be seeing the light of day in any timely fashion if the new code
did that.

Not to mention that we have publish/subscribe in logical replication now. "How do I unsubscribe my table" -> /dev/null. Ooops.

Сообщение: Re: On Judging the Value of Tests
Сообщение: Re: On Judging the Value of Tests