Re: Question to transaction ID wraparound

От Lee Azzarello
Тема Re: Question to transaction ID wraparound
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 5:05 AM, Lentes, Bernd
<bernd.lentes@helmholtz-muenchen.de> wrote:
> Hello ML,
>
> I'm very new to Postgres.
> In the log, i got messages concerning transaction ID wraparound.
> I red the documentation and made a vaccum on that database.
> In the documentation i also found the hint to look in the database with
> "SELECT datname, age(datfrozenxid) FROM pg_database;", which i did.
> I did the command several times in a few seconds, and this number is growing very quickly,
> although i'm not expecting transactions in the database.
> Sometimes the number grows by 5 in one second.
> I'm also astonished about the fact that all databases grow by the same amount.
> Do you have any explanations for this behaviour ?
> Why are the numbers growing so quickly ?

What kind of work load is on the database?
How frequent are UPDATE/INSERT/DELETE statements called by that workload?

If you don't already have the answer to these questions, I would
recommend a reporting tool like pgfouine to get them easily.

-lee