Question to transaction ID wraparound

От Lentes, Bernd
Тема Question to transaction ID wraparound
Дата
Re: Question to transaction ID wraparound
Re: Question to transaction ID wraparound
Список pgsql-admin
Hello ML,

I'm very new to Postgres.
In the log, i got messages concerning transaction ID wraparound.
I red the documentation and made a vaccum on that database.
In the documentation i also found the hint to look in the database with
"SELECT datname, age(datfrozenxid) FROM pg_database;", which i did.
I did the command several times in a few seconds, and this number is growing very quickly,
although i'm not expecting transactions in the database.
Sometimes the number grows by 5 in one second.
I'm also astonished about the fact that all databases grow by the same amount.
Do you have any explanations for this behaviour ?
Why are the numbers growing so quickly ?

Thanks in advance.

Bernd

--
Bernd Lentes