Re: when datas filesystem is full how to do

От Morus Walter
Тема Re: when datas filesystem is full how to do
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Geoffrey writes:
> guly wrote:
> >     I have installed postgresql in /usr/local filesystem on RH Linux. But Running for two months,the datas are
growingtoo fast.There is no enough space at /usr/local filesystem. I want to make this filesystem bigger or move the
databaseto another
> > filesystem and don't stop the database.Someone can tell me how to do that?Thanks.
>
> I don't know about all the aspects regarding Postgresql, but you could
> create another partition, either from current free space, or by adding
> another drive and migrate /usr/local to it.

I guess the problem is, that he doesn't want to stop the database.

I'd rather suggest to look into tablespaces.
Create a new tablespace on some other filesystem and move the contents
of the database by using ALTER TABLE/INDEX SET TABLESPACE...
Presumably part of the data will remain on /usr/local but if the goal
is to provide sufficiant space that should not harm.
Of course that's assuming we speak of PG 8 here.

But I'd make sure first, that it's really the data and not unvacuumed
space or no longer needed WALs filling the disk.

For details see postgresqls excellent docs (I can say that, I'm also
just learning postgresql from the docs).

Note that I didn't test that.

HTH
Morus

От: Geoffrey
Сообщение: Re: when datas filesystem is full how to do
От: "Joel Fradkin"
Сообщение: WHat foldsers in the data folder would I need to link to have my data on a different drive?