Re: [HACKERS] Patch: Add --no-comments to skip COMMENTs with pg_dump

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Patch: Add --no-comments to skip COMMENTs with pg_dump
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Patch: Add --no-comments to skip COMMENTs with pg_dump  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Re: [HACKERS] Patch: Add --no-comments to skip COMMENTs with pg_dump  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 8:55 PM, David G. Johnston
> <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Having --no-comments seems generally useful to me, in any case.

>> It smacks of being excessive to me.

> It sounds perfectly sensible to me.  It's not exactly an elegant
> solution to the original problem, but it's a reasonable switch on its
> own merits.

I dunno.  What's the actual use-case, other than as a bad workaround
to a problem we should fix a different way?