Re: [HACKERS] Error while creating subscription when server isrunning in single user mode

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Error while creating subscription when server isrunning in single user mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017-06-01 21:42:41 -0400, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> We should look at what the underlying problem is before we prohibit
> anything at a high level.

I'm not sure there's any underlying issue here, except being in single
user mode.

> When I try it, I get a
>
> TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(event->fd != (-1))", File: "latch.c", Line: 861)
>
> which might indicate that there is a more general problem with latch use
> in single-user mode.

That just means that the latch isn't initialized.  Which makes:

> If I remove that assertion, things work fine after that.  The originally
> reported error "epoll_ctl() failed: Bad file descriptor" might indicate
> that there is platform-dependent behavior.

quite unsurprising.  I'm not sure how this hints at platform dependent
behaviour?

libpqrcv_connect() uses MyProc->procLatch, which doesn't exist/isn't
initialized in single user mode.  I'm very unclear why that code uses
MyProc->procLatch rather than MyLatch, but that'd not change anything -
the tablesync stuff etc would still not work.

- Andres

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Patch: Add --no-comments to skip COMMENTs with pg_dump
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Patch: Add --no-comments to skip COMMENTs with pg_dump