Re: [HACKERS] walsender & parallelism

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] walsender & parallelism
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6/1/17 00:06, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2017-05-31 23:51:08 -0400, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> I think the easiest and safest thing to do now is to just prevent
>> parallel plans in the walsender.  See attached patch.  This prevents the
>> hang in the select_parallel tests run under your new test setup.
> I'm not quite sure I can buy this.  The lack of wired up signals has
> more problems than just hurting parallelism.

Which problems are those?  I can see from the code what they might be,
but which ones actually happen in practice?  And are there any
regressions from 9.6?

If someone wants to work all this out, that would be great.  But I'm
here mainly to fix the one reported problem.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Patch: Add --no-comments to skip COMMENTs with pg_dump
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Patch: Add --no-comments to skip COMMENTs with pg_dump