Re: Postgres question

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Holger Jakobs <holger@jakobs.com> writes:
> Of course pg_dump can also dump blobs, and it's even the default. You
> may use the option --no-blobs to leave them out.
> A glance at the man page can be more informative than just hearing
> something from someone.

Especially information as out of date as that :-(.  Glancing at the
commit log, the very first version of pg_dump (in PG 7.0) did not do
blobs, but that was fixed by 7.1.  I have a vague recollection that
--no-blobs might've been the default for a while after that, but
certainly it's been well over a decade since it wasn't default.