Re: [PORTS] fmgr cache lookup failed on initdb

От Manuel Lemos
Тема Re: [PORTS] fmgr cache lookup failed on initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Hello The,

On 28-Feb-99 07:26:52, you wrote:

>> I have ported PostgreSQL to the AmigaOS using a Unix emulation library.
>>
>> PostgreSQL 6.1 work fine but either PostgreSQL 6.2 and 6.4.2 give me
>> problems on initdb. Postgres backend spits out this message:
>>
>> ERROR:  fmgr_info: function 0: cache lookup failed
>>
>> Anybody has any idea of why this happens?
>>

>> BTW, since the Amiga Developer environment that I used emulates the normal
>> Unix enviroment, would the PostgreSQL developers be interested that
>> integrated any Amiga specific templates and ported code to make the main
>> distribuition of PostgreSQL build out of the box on the Amiga OS too?

>Definitely...please send patches in to pgsql-patches@postgresql.org with
>what is required, but plesae make sure that any patches are against the
>current source tree, not v6.4.2...

Ok, but to work on the current source tree wouldn't it be better to get me
a CVS write account so I can work in the absolutely latest version?  Don't
worry I have plenty of experience to deal CVS issues.  I have all my
current projects in CVS repositories and a few of them are shared by other
people on the Internet.  If you still don't feel it is safe I could always
set a separate branch to integrate my changes before anybody commits into
the main branch.

Anyway, I still would like to make sure that the backend works without the
cache lookup problems mentioned above.  Do you know if that was fixed in
the current source tree?

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

E-mail: mlemos@acm.org