Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/doc/src/sgml Tag: REL7_4_STABLE r ...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/doc/src/sgml Tag: REL7_4_STABLE r ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Tom Lane wrote:
>> (It might be good if we had a more standardized way of generating
>> HISTORY though.  I tried a couple different versions of lynx and
>> got a couple different outputs, none perfectly matching whatever
>> version Bruce is using ...)

> Is this something that could be added to the 'make dist' target, so that
> it happens as part of the bundle build?

Not a bad idea.  AFAICS we have the generation of HISTORY down to a
script now; there's no reason for it to be in CVS at all.  It'd be nice
to do the same for INSTALL, but I'm not sure if that takes any manual
twiddling or not.  (Peter?)

The version of lynx that's on cvs.postgresql.org seems to produce okay
output (it's what I ended up using yesterday), so standardizing on that
wouldn't be a problem.