Re: BUG #8271: Configure warning: sys/ucred.h: present but cannot be compiled

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #8271: Configure warning: sys/ucred.h: present but cannot be compiled
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On 7/1/13 9:19 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> AFAICT, the result in this case would be that the script comes to the
>> wrong conclusion about whether ucred.h is available.  Wouldn't that
>> result in a build failure, or at least missing features?  IOW, don't
>> we need to fix this test anyway?

> The test needs to be fixed, but with a newer Autoconf version we would
> (probably) have been alerted about that by a build failure rather than
> someone scanning build logs.

I think probably we'd have just not compiled the dependent code, and
would have found out about it only when somebody complained that peer
auth didn't work on OpenBSD.  Not sure that's really a more attractive
behavior :-(