Re: additional GCC warnings

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: additional GCC warnings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
>>> -Wmissing-declarations ("Warn if a global function is defined without a
>>> previous declaration.")
>>
>> Hm?  We have always used that one.

> We've always used -Wmissing-prototypes.

We've always used both.  See Makefile.global.in:

ifeq ($(GCC), yes) CFLAGS += -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations
endif

> ... Which doesn't make the difference in behavior between the two options
> clear to me. Can anyone clarify this?

Hmm, it looks like -Wmissing-prototypes may be a superset of
-Wmissing-declarations --- it seems to say that the latter will be
content with a K&R style declaration ("extern int foo();") but the
former will not.  If that's a correct reading then we could drop
-Wmissing-declarations.