Re: AW: Re: GiST for 7.1 !!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: AW: Re: GiST for 7.1 !!
Дата
Re: AW: Re: GiST for 7.1 !!  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> What's wrong with
> warning message if GiST test not passed ?

You're being *way* too optimistic.  An output discrepancy in a test of
GIST we could live with.  But think about other scenarios:

1. GIST test coredumps on some platforms.  This corrupts other tests
(at least through the "system is starting up" failure mode), thus
masking problems that we actually care about.

2. GIST test code does not compile on some platforms, causing "make check"
to fail completely.

At this point my vote is to leave the GIST test in contrib for 7.1.
Anyone who actually cares about GIST (to be blunt: all three of you)
can run it as a separate step.  I don't want it in the standard regress
tests until 7.2, when we will have a reasonable amount of time to test
and debug the test.