Re: -O switch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: -O switch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 4:45 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I don't think it's really obsolete ... don't we use that to pass
>> PGOPTIONS through from the client?

> That said, I don't think we do, or I'm misunderstanding what you mean.
> The startup packet which holds the client options is not read until
> we're already in the child process, so there is no further exec to be
> done?

[ pokes around... ]  Ah, you're right, that stuff goes through
port->cmdline_options now.  It looks like the mechanism for -o
is the postmaster's ExtraOptions variable, which we could get
rid of this way.  Seems like a reasonable thing, especially since
we unified all the other postmaster/postgres options already.

Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum worker doesn't immediately exit on postmaster death
Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum worker doesn't immediately exit on postmaster death