Re: PostgreSQL web site

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL web site
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL web site  (Naz Gassiep <naz@mira.net>)
Re: PostgreSQL web site  ("Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net>)
Re: PostgreSQL web site  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: PostgreSQL web site  ("John Hansen" <john@geeknet.com.au>)
Список pgsql-www
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
>> Actually that is a very good question... why are we not using
>> mod_deflate?

> Good question. It's definitly worth investigating.

What are we talking about here --- some hack to make users' web browsers
decompress pages on-the-fly?  How much does that slow down the browsing
experience, if you've got an old slow PC?  (I can believe that if you've
got a fast PC and a slow internet connection, it could make things
faster overall ... but the breakeven point is not obvious.)  What are
the odds that people using older browsers will be locked out entirely?

            regards, tom lane