Re: what's the meaning of the word "Tioga" in source

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: what's the meaning of the word "Tioga" in source
Дата
Re: what's the meaning of the word "Tioga" in source
Список pgsql-general
Weiping He <laser@zhengmai.com.cn> writes:
>     I'm translating those backend NLS strings, but I can't figure out
> what's the meaning of the word "recipe" (I guess it's not the normal
> meaning),
> searching through the source, I found that they belong to
> backend/tioga/tgRecipe.c,
> but the source didn't give me any help, so ask here:
> what's the meaning of the wrod "tioga", I think it's a abbreviation,
> right?

It's just an old Berkeley project name without any particular meaning.

More to the point: the tioga code is all dead and unlikely to be
resurrected, as is everything to do with recipes in the backend.
You don't need to worry about translating anything that comes out
of that code.

Peter: it'd be a good idea to suppress gathering NLS messages out of
    src/backend/commands/_deadcode/
    src/backend/executor/_deadcode/
    src/backend/optimizer/path/_deadcode/
    src/backend/tioga/
as well as anything inside #ifdef NOT_USED.  Dunno how difficult that
is with the gettext tools, though.

Сообщение: Re: another "EXPLAIN -- NO INDEX?" question
Сообщение: Re: another "EXPLAIN -- NO INDEX?" question